Research has shown for decades that while attitudes toward sustainability issues are often high, sustainable behaviors (aka actions) are significantly lower. Sustainability requires action. We can't think our way to a sustainable future; we have to go out and build it.
- Speak up for sustainability within your groups/network
- Advocate for sustainable choices on campus, in the classroom, at home, and in the community.
- Take classes relating to sustainability
- Attend UMD and local community sustainability events
- Join a sustainability-focused Student Organization or Committee.
- Encourage others to get involved, start a club or organization, or pursue a sustainability-focused class project.
Each person has unique talents they can apply when taking action for a cause. This short changemaker quiz can help you identify and lead with your strengths: